IMG_1673

Razzberry Syclone Part 2.

The saga continues. . .

Day #4 – Didn’t do much today, lotsa stuff going on today. Took the front cladding, bumper (thanks Davep and Steve) fenders and fender wells Found some dates on the cladding 1/25/91. We are almost positive I do not have a stock motor Hopefully tomorrow I can get the motor pulled and confirm what block it is.

The saga continues. . .

Day #4 – Didn’t do much today, lotsa stuff going on today. Took the front cladding, bumper (thanks Davep and Steve) fenders and fender wells Found some dates on the cladding 1/25/91. We are almost positive I do not have a stock motor Hopefully tomorrow I can get the motor pulled and confirm what block it is.

I’m really enjoying working on the truck, I have spent my whole life “watching” my dad and Harmon work on them and always wanted to learn and do my own, ITS ABOUT TIME I DID IT! Please show it to the wife, girls CAN do it too! (we just need a breaker bar and a set of muscles handy just in case lol) I’m also hoping to maybe get more girls involved in their own builds.

Ok it’s official sy #187 is motorless!!!!!

We found the motor and heads to not be syty specific, the block is a 96 4.3 so that does not work well for me. I will be putting in a stock syty 92 block that Harmon has in the shop. Frame doesnt look too bad so we might be able to clean it up and use it.

As previously stated the AC box is toast along with the turbo. Harmon found a guy that can use the 3 turbos we have to build me a nice one with a warranty (whoa!).

Still haven’t drawn blood

Looking at lots of cleaning, braided spark plug lines, new brake lines, rebuilt “stock” turbo, heater box, new paint, swap the bed with the one on the trailer, new doors…….thats all I can think of for now.

The trans was missing 2 out of 6 bolts when I pulled it the first time. I can actually reach all the bolts, one is kinda hairy on the passenger side. That one took two extensions a swivel and an air ratchet. When I unbolted it the second time to pull the motor I could get them all by hand (one was missing still on the driver’s side). I didn’t jack it up or anything but I’m also able to stick my hands down in there and get to the bolts. So honestly if you have a wife/GF/mother/sister or aunt, ask them to grab those hairy ones for ya.

Harmon needed to step in a little with the engine work. . .

So, we pulled the old motor out and tossed it in the shed. Sent a syty block to the machine shop to get cleaned and new bearings.

I really didnt pay to much attention to the old motor because it had a 1996 date code and stock heads on it. The oil pan was pretty rusty so i didnt take it off because i have a minty one for mandis new motor.

Well, today we pulled a motor out of a buddys ty because it was knocking. Of course #6 rod bearing was shot!….well, it destroyed the crank too. So we went searching through old motors to find a good crank.

Took the oil pan off mandis old motor and to my surprise guess what i found!!

Pictures say a million words!…..im still grinning from ear to ear

4 bolt mains, eagle rods, je pistons ……

Guess im not throwing this motor away..lol

We’ll finish up to “current status” with part 3. Stay tuned!

0 comments on “Razzberry Syclone Part 2.Add yours →